|Bhindi Fry (Okra)|
- 250 gm Okra (Bhindi)
- 2 tbsp Oil
- ½ tsp Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
- ½ tsp cayenne (adjust to taste)
- 1 tbsp Coriander Powder (Dhania)
- ½ tsp Turmeric (Haldi)
- ½ tsp Mango Powder (Amchoor)
- 1 tbsp Gram Flour (Besan)
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- Wash the okra and keep aside for dry.
- After drying cut off the both ends of the okra, slice should be length. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in non-stick frying pan on medium high flame.
- To test the heat by adding one cumin seed to the oil, if the okra cracks right away oil is ready.
- Add the cumin seeds, when the cumin seeds crack then add all the okra.
- Stir for a minute or more and then reduce the heat to medium.
- Cover the pan for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Now remove the pan cover and add red cayenne pepper, coriander and turmeric.
- Add gram flour and continue stir until okra is exact tender. Add black pepper and salt to taste mango powder and continue cook for another minutes.
- Now okra is ready and serves with fine rice or chapatti.